Thursday, March 25, 2010

Anna

I'm not sure what to do about Anna most days. I guess her little "personality" is to be kind of aggressive, loud and opinionated but I can't seem to get her under control most days. Today for instance, Emma the girl I babysit for comes over and one of the first things Anna does when they start playing is to take Emma's toy away and tell her "no no you bad boy!" That's not even the worst of it. She's already pushed Emma today, pulled my son Aaron's hair and spit at me. I put her in her room a lot for time outs, swat her behind and take her favorite blanket away for a bit to try and teach her that her behavior is not appropriate. I've had her throw things at me in the grocery store and yell "no" at total strangers who try and talk to her. Everyone says it's a stage and she'll grow out of it. Well she's been this way since about 16 months old and she hasn't changed yet. I guess I was spoiled with Aaron. He's seven and even the threat of taking his Wii away for a day or going to bed early gets him to stop misbehaving. He's pretty much perfectly well behaved in school and I have never gotten a note home. I have a feeling it's going to be a different story with Miss Anna.....

No comments:

Post a Comment